The shooting season runs longer and longer every year. In 2014 my first match was January and my last match was the beginning of November. As much as I love all the travel and competitive shooting, I think it is important to set a few projects for the time I am home. If I don’t plan it, it won’t get done! Here are 5 things I want to do this December:
1) Exercise- Yes, I know that this is the worst time of year to work at getting back in the gym. However, for me this is the best time to set up a more regular schedule. I have missed running (I know crazy!) and I want to get back to it this off season.
2) Attend a Local Match- Not exactly a non-shooting goal, but an important one. I am on the road so much that I don’t get to do as much local shooting as I want. Local matches are SO important, I want to make it a goal to hit one while I am here.
3) Visit Family! I am so blessed to have very special grandparents and wonderful sisters, nephews, aunts and cousins. This December I will get back on the road, but only to visit them!
4) Cook! Traveling is wonderful, and terrible. There are lots of good things about traveling, as well as plenty of hassles I could do without. One of the hardest things for me is eating on the road. I get tired of the fast food and restaurant food and all I want is a home cooked meal.
5) Loading- If you want to shoot a lot you have to load a lot. Now is the perfect time to get it done. The 1050 is running (fingers crossed) so now is the time to get those bullets stacked up.
It sounds weird, but for me, schedules, plans and goals help me make sure I don’t miss out on special times. Do you have to plan your non-shooting goals or do these activities just come naturally to you?